Maintaining a clear structure or framework is essential for the effective management of your team and ensures that the right activities are prioritised.
Check out this link to learn more about The Manager Framework.
The Framework is comprised of key activities and events critical to your role. Here’s a quick snap shot of two of them and suggested ways to make them as effective and productive as possible:
10-15 minute ‘virtual huddles can be used to review your team’s performance. Virtual huddles will:
- Allow you to respond to queries and concerns
- Facilitate the cascade of general communications and cover any other business that would normally require ad-hoc meetings
- Allow team members to remain aware of daily/weekly results and understand focus area for the coming days/weeks
The virtual huddle will give you greater control of productivity and teamwork towards a shared goal.
Virtual Weekly Team Performance Meetings
Moving the regular meeting between you and your Managers to an online meeting should have no impact to its structure.
Send the agenda beforehand so that that the team know what the purpose of the meeting is and come prepared to contribute. Assign tasks and actions and be clear on measurements to track performance.
The key purpose and structure for the meeting:
- Review actions
- Review performance (past & future)
- Agree new actions
- Rewards & recognition
- Urgent and important communications
To learn more about virtual huddles and virtual weekly performance meetings, visit our effective communication learning module, here.